Thursday, January 31, 2013

Eye of the Financier, my rocky comic

As any day goes by, a mind tends to wonder. Whether it be about what the plans are for the evening, the cadre of things you forgot to do at work, or in my case, what to blog about next. Writing an article about every good and bad thing that happens in an industry can become monotonous, tiring, and blatantly bland. With this thought in my mind, how do we change up a seemingly bland industry? My artistic side kicked me in the shin and said, 'hey, let's make popular cliche' movie lines into comics.' Thus my new blogging idea has sprouted; to take the most famous movie quotes, and turn them into cheesy, corny, and humorous one still frame comics.

So in the next couple of weeks, try to enjoy the dry humor I have, and if you're in the industry, maybe some of the themes will ring true. Make sure to drop a line, tell me what you think, and I'll be more than glad to comment back.

To start off, my homage to Sylvester Stallone in Rocky, with his famous line: "Yo Adrian, I did it!"

Earlier this year, as part of my bucket list tour, and since I am from Pennsylvania, I took a trip down to Philadelphia with my running buddy, and we did a 7 mile trek to the Philadelphia Art Museum, and climbed the legendary steps. It was a gorgeous October Sunday, the air was crisp, the streets were not overly crowded, and we had a plan. After scouring running blogs, and checking for signs of the route that Sly ran in the movie, I came across a remote map that wasn't completely accurate, but a good start. Panning through the training scene I found a couple of more roads. We started on the south side of Philly, 16th Street I believe, ran through the capital building, past the Rodin exhibit, through the Czech parade that was going past the museum. A perfect run, a great time, and an experience, I care to never forget. One of those cheesy moments in your life that will always make you smile.

With that being said, enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment